To our valued patients,
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through many ups and downs this past year and all of us are looking forward to slowly returning to some of our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same at our dental office- our constant commitment to your health and safety.
Dr. Young and the staff are currently seeing patients on a regular schedule.
As you have seen during your visits to our office, infection control is and has always been a top priority. Our strict processes have consistently made the dental care you receive both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows the current infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health. We continue to closely monitor these agencies so that we are up-to-date as new guidelines are issued.
We ask that you call our office to reschedule your appointment if:
- You are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms including, but not limited to: fever, cough, shortness of breath, nausea, diarrhea, headache, or loss of taste or smell.
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 and have been asked to isolate.
- You have been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual and have been asked to quarantine.
- You are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
When it is time for your appointment, you will see some notable changes in addition to our existing strict infection control protocols. For example: You may enter the office no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. If you arrive earlier, please wait in your car until that time.
- You will need wear a mask to enter the office.
- If you have any changes to your insurance or contact information, please call prior to your appointment to facilitate a quicker check-in process.
- The reception area will have fewer seats. Magazines, the children’s play area, and prizes have been removed.
- When entering the patient care room, we will take your temperature, and ask you to clean your hands and rinse with a medicated mouth rinse.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing. You will notice fewer patients and staff members throughout the office.
We look forward to seeing you and providing you with the highest standard of dental care. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this new normal.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to serving our patients, neighbors, and friends in the safest way possible.