December 16, 2022
It’s that magical time of the year! Part of the excitement is giving your little one presents they will truly use and love. As you make your list of gifts to buy, you can include some that are also good for their oral health! Read on for three stocking stuffer gifts that are sure to bring a healthy and happy smile for the year to come.
#1. An Extra-Ordinary Toothbrush
Modern times have improved many things, including toothbrushes. There are endless fun and creative options for children that will make them excited to take care of their teeth twice a day, every day! Some awesome choices are:
- A toothbrush with their favorite animated character.
- A musical toothbrush that plays an engaging song. They can dance and brush!
- A toothbrush with a timer on it; this will give your child motivation and a challenge to brush for the recommended two minutes.
- Electric toothbrushes are an excellent choice due to their easy and fun use, as well as being proven to be more effective at keeping plaque and bacteria at bay.
#2. Fun Dental Products
As with toothbrushes, there are so many awesome dental products available now! Children can be reluctant to use oral hygiene products due to the regular “adult” mint flavor. As a tasty replacement, you can give them fun-flavored floss, mouthwash, and toothpaste to help them stick to their daily dental routine. There are a variety of delicious flavors to choose from, like bubblegum and fruit punch. Be mindful to buy items that are fluoridated and have an ADA Seal of Approval.
#3. Smile-Friendly Snacks
The holidays are so full of special treats like candy and packaged goods that it becomes convenient to use them as little presents in stockings. But healthy options are a great alternative when keeping oral health in mind. You can toss in nutritious (but delicious!) snacks such as more expensive nuts like macadamia, gourmet pretzels, or sugar-free gum.
How to Maintain a Healthy Smile Year-Round
While tooth-friendly gifts are wonderful, nothing replaces a consistent dental routine throughout the whole year. Make it a priority for you and your family to:
- Brush – The most essential part of maintaining healthy, clean teeth is brushing twice daily for at least two minutes.
- Floss – Cleaning food particles from between your teeth with floss (at least once a day) decreases the risk of the buildup of plaque that leads to cavities. Once your child turns two years old, you can help them implement flossing in their routine.
Stocking stuffers are fun little gifts…so why not add some joy to your child’s oral health, too? The gift of a healthy, bright smile is one that can last all throughout the year!
About the Author
Dr. Bradford Young and his team serve the families of Allentown and the surrounding areas. He received his Doctor of Dental Medicine from the University of Pennsylvania Dental School and is an active member of several dental associations. Born and raised in Allentown, he is committed to helping your family have the healthiest smiles through personalized care and a full range of dental services! To schedule an appointment, contact him through his website or call (610) 439-1363.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.